Monday, May 07, 2012

Asian Wedding, Manchester

My first Asian wedding gig in Manchester last night and I was made to draw this beautiful couple on stage with my drawing board only in front of 500+ people whilst they greeted their guests and had their photos taken.

This was the hardest caricature I have ever done under that amount of pressure apart from my first ever live caricature in front of nobody when my pen was shaking so much I could barely hold it. It's hard to believe how far I have come over the last 12 months but I know I still have a lot of room for growth.

2 comments:

Emily Byrne said...

Nice work!! Don't we have the best job? I love seeing different ways of celebrating life events. What a lovely couple!
Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered using shading or wider markers for people with dark hair or complexions?

Welly said...

Yes I have but I seem to take way too long to complete a caricature when I do but it is something I'm considering working on!